Question

Honor Student
distant-MELODY
Message 1 of 7 (1,475 Views)

Deskjet 3050a J611 SERIES won't print

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and the printer simply won't print. I've downloaded and used the troubleshooter, and all it tells me is that I'm missing a driver. So I downloaded the thing and ran it, but it still won't work. The printer and drivers have been reinstalled multiple times, but it still won't WORK.

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 7 (1,447 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050a J611 SERIES won't print

is this the one you've downloaded?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-91736-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Honor Student
distant-MELODY
Message 3 of 7 (1,442 Views)

Yes.

When the drivers DO install, the printer refuses to connect. If I uninstall the printer and instal the drivers first, the printer simply doesn't print. I know it's connected because I can scan things; I just can't print.

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 4 of 7 (1,421 Views)

If you can scan then it is connected...

any error message?

Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 5 of 7 (1,420 Views)

Download & install this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-91788-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

its HP print diagnostic utility...diagnoses & fixes print issues automatically. Let me know the results of the test.
Honor Student
distant-MELODY
Message 6 of 7 (1,415 Views)

SO. I redownloaded the drivers from the link you gave me, just in case ther was some change done.

beforedriver.png

THIS is what the printer screen looked like after I uninstalled the drivers. At this point, there seems to be no issues - the little tray thing is up.

Then I installed the driver and refreshed the page.

refresh.png

Yeah. There's something wrong. The tray thing is down but it doesn't give me an error message.

theheck.png

Until I click "see what's printing". So I run the diagnostic tool.

problem.png

attempt1.png

And then I reset my computer and it DOES THE EXACT SAME THING.

It didn't fix anything. It told me it fixed some things, but they showed up immediately after I rerun the tool.

Is that enough information?

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 7 of 7 (1,405 Views)

For isolation purposes, can we try to connect this printer to a different computer...if same issue persists, then the printer is causing the issue...

If not, then its a computer problem.

If its the printer, contact HP tech support for possible replacement.

If computer, contact pc manufacturer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation