Question

Honor Student
ardikem
Message 1 of 4 (258 Views)

Deskjet 500C printer - C2114A.

For my printer Deskjet 500c C2114A I need to upgrade my driver and also procure cartridges. Can anyone help me, please?

Grad Student
wade1027
Message 2 of 4 (250 Views)

Re: Deskjet 500C printer - C2114A.

What OS version are you currently running e.g. WIndows XP, Mac OS X, etc?

You can purchase new ink cartridges for your printer below.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/-/-/C2114A?HP-Deskjet-500c-Printer&TargetPag...

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
ardikem
Message 3 of 4 (238 Views)

My OS is Windows 7.
Grad Student
wade1027
Message 4 of 4 (233 Views)

Are you currently able to print and want to seek a more up-to-date driver?

If you need assistance setting up this unit for Windows 7, your drivers are already included within the OS.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01874792&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=580...

However, you can manually install your printer if windows does not auto detect unit.

1. Click Start Menu go to Control Panel Devices and Printers,
  2. Click "Add Printer".
  3. then "Add a local printer".
  4. Select "Use an existing port:"  Click drop down arrow and select any local port that has something similar to "USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)" . If none exist, select "Create a new port:" click drop down arrow and select "Local Port" click next, then enter "Virtual USB".
  5.  Scroll down under the Manufacturer's list click Hewlett-Packard and HP then search for your particular model.

NOTE:  You can click Windows Update to update the printer list or you may  try to select any Deskjet 500c variant or Deskjet 9800 series printer as they include the generic driver that should work with quite a number of HP units for basic printing.

6.   Choose whether to use current driver installed.

7.   Change printers name if you want.

8.   Ignore any the Printer Sharing prompts.

9.   New printer should now be set as default printer, so print a test page

Source Post

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software/Can-t-get-driver-for-Windows-7-for-Deskjet-...

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation