02-25-2014 09:26 AM
I found my Deskjet 5443 printer the other day and thought I would like to see if it still works so went out and bought ink and everything but then when I connected it to my laptop which runs Windows 7 32bit my problems started. windows only installes 3 f the 4 units required to run the printer and then fails on the driver. Tried installing it on 3 other laptops running windows 7 also with the same effect. On the HP website they don't have a driver for this printer for windows 7, they only state that windows 7 should have this driver already but it doesn't. The HP Wizad program only tells you to remove and reinstall the printer but as you can guess it doesn't work. Tried forcing windows to accept the xp or vista driver also but to no avail so... If there is anyone out there that can maybe help me I will reall appreciate it as I'm fed up and out of ideas and HP clearly doesn't want to help me.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS