Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

clive-ernest wrote:

Will this patch work for 1120C printer?

.No, only the host based printers listed above.  If you are having issues with the Deskjet 1120c on Windows 7 x64 I would suggest starting with the instructions here.  If this does not work for you then please review this post and start a new thread with details of the issue you are seeing. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you - worked nicely!

Dennis

HP Recommended

This appears to be an identical problem to what I am going through with a new Laserjet (CM2320fxi).  Anyone know if this patch will work for other printers?

HP Recommended

mike-monical wrote:

This appears to be an identical problem to what I am going through with a new Laserjet (CM2320fxi).  Anyone know if this patch will work for other printers?

The patch actually is different for different models and the patches here only work with the listed Deskjet printers.  I do not know of a solution for the Laserjet CM2320.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Awesome! It works.

Thank very much!

HP Recommended

I don't understand. It doesn't work for me. I have a 710C and Win7 64bit. The printer is well installed but when i try to print something, i see the document in the print queue and disappears but nothing is printed.

After, i try a HP4200C and it's the same thing...

Can someone help me ?

HP Recommended

My first problem with this is that the download of the 820 Cse driver freezes and notes that my 64 bit windows 7 won't allow it.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Printer is an HP 820Cse shared over a home network.  The printer is on a winxp machine and I'm trying to print from a new win7 64bit machine  I can communicate with the printer as the clean printer cartridges works. I installed the 64 bit driver for the printer then put the three dll files in the directory specified. However, when I send a document to the printer it spools to the guest account for 20 seconds or so then disappears.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Don     

HP Recommended

don123 wrote:

Printer is an HP 820Cse shared over a home network.  The printer is on a winxp machine and I'm trying to print from a new win7 64bit machine  I can communicate with the printer as the clean printer cartridges works. I installed the 64 bit driver for the printer then put the three dll files in the directory specified. However, when I send a document to the printer it spools to the guest account for 20 seconds or so then disappears.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Don     

On the Win 7 machine do the following:  go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Local Printer,  Create a new port, Local Port,  Next, \\xpmachinename\dj820sharename  (put in the actual share names for your xp machine and printer share names), OK, select the Deskjet 820 driver.

Now apply the patch to the Windows 7 machine, then try printing.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.