Question
Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7
Replies (519)
Reply
 
Tutor
sammorxman
Posts: 12
Member Since: ‎04-02-2013
Message 421 of 520 (1,120 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

Many thanks..... rtfm..... sigh.... sorry.
Top Student
anetb
Posts: 6
Member Since: ‎04-12-2013
Message 422 of 520 (1,114 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Windows 8


when will hp create a patch for windows 8?

Still looking for the patch for my adapter that works with hp 720 series printer and windows 8. thx

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Posts: 16,126
Member Since: ‎11-17-2008
Message 423 of 520 (1,093 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Windows 8


anetb wrote:

when will hp create a patch for windows 8?

Still looking for the patch for my adapter that works with hp 720 series printer and windows 8. thx


Please be patient.  As I mentioned to you yesterday and the day before there is currently no workaround for Windows 8 x64.  Windows 8 x86 will work.

 

I do not work for or speak for HP and have no visibility into any plans for a patch from them.  The printer is well more than a dozen years old and has long been past its support life at this point.  HP did not provide a patch for the issue in Vista and Windows 7, that was done by third party effort.

 

If a patch is developed it will be announced in this thread.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
XXXMUSICMAN
Posts: 3
Member Since: ‎06-14-2010
Message 424 of 520 (1,009 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

[ Edited ]

I have a dj722c printer connect to xp box via parallel cable. I was able to print from a remote xp box going thru wired router. Now I'm trying to connect a w7 box wirelessly.  Under the network, it finds it. When I try to add it to my w7 system it wants an (*.inf) file. Do I need to purchase the cable mentioned for it to work.  I don't plan to have the printer next to my w7 box. In what dir is the system looking into for driver. I get an error about not finding the driver on the network then it wants the (inf) file.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Posts: 16,126
Member Since: ‎11-17-2008
Message 425 of 520 (1,003 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7


XXXMUSICMAN wrote:

I have a dj722c printer connect to xp box via parallel cable. I was able to print from a remote xp box going thru wired router. Now I'm trying to connect a w7 box wirelessly.  Under the network, it finds it. When I try to add it to my w7 system it wants an (*.inf) file. Do I need to purchase the cable mentioned for it to work.  I don't plan to have the printer next to my w7 box. In what dir is the system looking into for driver. I get an error about not finding the driver on the network then it wants the (inf) file.


You do not need to use a special cable or connect the printer to your Windows 7 machine.  Do the following:  on the WIndows 7 machine go to Start,  Devices and Printers, Add a Printer, Local Printer, Create a Port, Local Port, \\Computername\Printername (use the actual share name for the XP computer and printer), OK, then click on Windows Update and then select HP for the manufacturer and HP Deskjet 720c for the printer, Next.

 

Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7?  If you have the 64 bit version you will need to apply the patch at the top of this thread before printing from the Windows 7 machine.

 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
XXXMUSICMAN
Posts: 3
Member Since: ‎06-14-2010
Message 426 of 520 (998 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

Thank You. That did the trick.
Student
JasonHall
Posts: 1
Member Since: ‎05-18-2013
Message 427 of 520 (841 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

Worked a treat after a restart. Saved me buying a USB to // adapater lead for £16 too!

 

Thank you!

Honor Student
tractorguy
Posts: 2
Member Since: ‎06-08-2013
Message 428 of 520 (672 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Thanks to Bob for the patch.  Parallel to USB adapter cord worked on Vista Home.  When I went to W7 64 bit, I bought a StarTech PC12S1P pci card.  Had to use the hpvdb720.dll patch to get HP712C printer to print.  My only problem left is that I cannot get printhead alignment to work.  Message says Windows Explorer stopped working.  Then Windows Explorer starts up, but will still not align. 

I am running Dell  Inspiron 530, Windows 7, 64 bit, with HP 712C printer.

Your are my kind of guy.  I don't like the throw-away mentality.

Top Student
daVIDeo1968
Posts: 5
Member Since: ‎06-12-2013
Message 429 of 520 (616 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

Bob,

 

THANK YOU !!!!   The patch worked perfectly.  Not sure how I ended up on the HP forum since I started at Microsoft.  I had been working on this for a week without success.  As I think I said in my first post neither Dell, Sunix, Microsoft, or HP phone support had a solution.

 

Now I am going to push it a little.   During my attempts to fix my problem I ended up with a Microsoft RawPort listed as an Unspecified device  under the Devices and Printer window.  Do you have a fix for this too?  Or should I just leave well enough alone?   (My last printer problem :-)

 

THANK YOU AGAIN

 

David

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Posts: 16,126
Member Since: ‎11-17-2008
Message 430 of 520 (597 Views)

Re: Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

[ Edited ]

daVIDeo1968 wrote:

Bob,

THANK YOU !!!!   The patch worked perfectly.  Not sure how I ended up on the HP forum since I started at Microsoft.  I had been working on this for a week without success.  As I think I said in my first post neither Dell, Sunix, Microsoft, or HP phone support had a solution. 

Now I am going to push it a little.   During my attempts to fix my problem I ended up with a Microsoft RawPort listed as an Unspecified device  under the Devices and Printer window.  Do you have a fix for this too?  Or should I just leave well enough alone?   (My last printer problem :-)

THANK YOU AGAIN

David


I am glad it resolved your issue.  The Microsoft forum is not actually connected to the HP Consumer Forum except through occasional links posted by users for specific issues (like this one).

 

I do not have an answer for your unspecified device question and your posts in the Microsoft forum are not visible here.  You might go back there and post in a new thread.  

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation