Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the patch in windows 7.  However,  I have one desktop in windows 8, anyway I can use the HP Deskjet 712C????  (I print a lot of ex for students and the 712C saved a lot of ink and money for me!!!!!)  July 2013

HP Recommended

Also waiting for a Windows 8 patch. 

HP Recommended
The Deskjet 712 can be used in the 32 bit version of Windows 8 without any patch. Currently there is no solution for the X64 version of Windows 8.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Also keen to hear if a patch for the Windows 8 x64 bit OS will be possible? ... To get my HP Deskjet 710c printer to work via my USB cable to hub to parallel cable ...

I have had success getting my HP Laserjet 1100 printer to work with the HP printer driver download.

If the patch for the HP Deskjet 710c is not going to be technically possible it would be good to know.

TIA

HP Recommended

@Rutlander wrote:

Also keen to hear if a patch for the Windows 8 x64 bit OS will be possible? ... To get my HP Deskjet 710c printer to work via my USB cable to hub to parallel cable ... 

I have had success getting my HP Laserjet 1100 printer to work with the HP printer driver download.

If the patch for the HP Deskjet 710c is not going to be technically possible it would be good to know.

TIA

The Deskjet 710c will work with the 32 bit version of Windows 8 without a patch.  I have not made any progress on a fix for the 64 bit version in Windows 8.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

If you have a solution for the correct driver  for HP 720C in Windows 8 x64 i will be happy to know. My cable is effectively a LPT1-USB one.

Thank you very much

josep sales

HP Recommended

@jsales wrote:

If you have a solution for the correct driver  for HP 720C in Windows 8 x64 i will be happy to know. My cable is effectively a LPT1-USB one.

Thank you very much

josep sales

The Deskjet 720c can be used in the 32 bit version of Windows 8 without any patch. Currently there is no solution for the X64 version of Windows 8 and I have not made progress.  If a solution is found it will be posted in this thread.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hi - Is there any progress on the patch for Windows 8 for HP Deskjet 722?  Although old, my HP printer works just fine.  Had to upgrade to a new PC recently and need to get my printer to work, or otherwise be forced to purchase something new although don't need it.

Thanks,

G

HP Recommended

New computer windows 8 64 bit

Old HP 712C printer - that works perfectly fine when used with wife's laptop win 7-64

The printer appears in devices

Word prints the requested doc

No output from printer - error: local spooler is not started

Checked local services and print spooler startup is automatic and status is running

Anxiously waiting for your patch.

HP Recommended
Hi, I have the same problem as Isufan. New windows 8 64 bit PC and a HP 720C printer.

The printer appears in devices
Word prints the requested doc
No output from printer - error: local spooler is not started

Checked local services and print spooler startup is automatic and status is running.

Waiting for the patch! Please!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.