Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I have run into a roadblock on getting a patch for W8 x64.  I have not made any progress lately and do not see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry, I do not have any good solution for the 64 bit version of Windows 8.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I hav an windows 8 x64 system. I'm waiting for a patch to use with my HP deskjet 720C printer.

I thnk you for your efforts.

Josep Sales

HP Recommended

Hi to you all,

I have a HP710C connected to my network with a Edimax Printserver.

when i installed the windows 7 system i could not print any more.

thanks to this patch i have been able to print for more then a year without a problem!

my provider offered me a new router and sinds then i can't print anymore.

i have tried the patch again but it din't help. also the print server is recognized by the network. i can't find any problem there. so it must be the printer.

when i print  you can see the print message in the que but nothing happens.

does sombody have an idea??

thanks on forward.

BeeSt147

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, it works excellent.

Hans

HP Recommended

I tried using this patch in Windows 8.1 64bit and it seems to work just fine. I'm using a 720C over a network. Printer is connected to a Windows 7 64bit machine via usb adapter. Thanks a lot for your efforts!

HP Recommended

Hi to you all,

I fixed my HP710c printer.

The problem was neither the printer nor the patch. The patch works perfectly! Thanks for that. 

The problem was the change of network . I had to install everything again, but that wasn’t the issue.

I contacted Edimax support for the print server PS-1206. And they give me a workaround to install the print server without the Edimax software.

When I was doing this I realised that I had installed the printer as a network printer. That is logical because it’s in the network, but it must be installed as a local printer! This solved the problem and I am happy to be printing again! A stupid mistake can give you a lot of problems!!!!

Best regards

BeeSt147

HP Recommended

@habaskeba wrote:

I tried using this patch in Windows 8.1 64bit and it seems to work just fine. I'm using a 720C over a network. Printer is connected to a Windows 7 64bit machine via usb adapter. Thanks a lot for your efforts!

This is great news.  I had not made any progress on Win 8, I will need to try the existing patch with Win 8.1.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Excellent info, thanks!  Nice & easy instructions and has breathed new life into a  work-horse printer, that will probably last another 100 years!  If I can still get the ink, that is.....

HP Recommended

Wow, It's amazing how many of us are out here with old HP 710/712 Deskjet printers that we're trying to interface to new computers running Windows 8. This has been an issue for a considerable time. I'm still hoping that sometime in the near future we will get the necessary patch. I hate obsolence.

HP Recommended

@Cacofonix wrote:

Excellent info, thanks!  Nice & easy instructions and has breathed new life into a  work-horse printer, that will probably last another 100 years!  If I can still get the ink, that is.....

I do not have any inside information, but the cartridges used in these printers were used in lots and lots of printers - I would expect them to be available for my lifetime at least.   The 51604A cartridges used in HP's first inkjet printer, the Thinkjet from 1984, are still available today nearly thirty years later.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.