Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi! I can print with Hp deskjet 720C OS w8.1

I find only the * hpvdb720.dll * in --- C:WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3 ---

W8.1FILEX64.jpg

HP Recommended

Actually printing with 8.1 x64 is possible only with another computer ( XP-connected to Parallel port ) on Lan.

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly installing an HP 720C on a W7 pc!!

Previously tried installing, deleting and reinstaling the printer with null success.

This IS THE SOLUTION!!!

Just unpacked the 720's .dll and copy&pasted with windows explorer into the correct windows folder as mentioned on the forum. No needed DOS commands.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Will this patch continue to work for me if I install Windows 10?

Also I am encouraged (by Avast) to update "7-Zip Filemanager" to version 9.22.0.0.  Will this affect the earlier solution which has worked perfectly for me up to now?

Does the adage "Don't fix what's not broken" apply to either of these?

HP Recommended

When I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost use of my HP722C, which worked perfectly with Windows 7 Professional prior to the upgrade. I have NOT found a patch for Win10. Sure hope there is one. I like this printer; nothing wrong with it, and I HATE having to buy a new one!

HP Recommended

This is exactly what I was afraid of.

If anyone has upgraded to Windows 10 and figured out how to make it compatible with our old  (but good) HP printers, please post here.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Likewise. I have been using the patch for Windows 7 (thank you again!). I probably will not upgrade to Windows 10 if I can no longer use my HP722C.

HP Recommended

Having done so, I doubt that I roll back to Win7, although I liked it except for the virtural machine in which I had to run certain programs that would not run in 7 but did run in XP. However, Win10 does not have the virtual machine and I was very concerned that those legacy programs would be lost forever and I'd have to spend money to upgrade them. To my surprise so far everything has worked except the HP722C. My wife has an HP832C and it it works fine on her machine which also upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10. I recall when I upgraded to Win7 from XP and my HP722 would not work. I was very frustrated. Then I found the 64 bit patch on this forum and was very happy. Now I can only hope that someone very smart will now make a patch to make it work with Win10. So, I am not going to buy a new printer right away. I can use my wife's.

HP Recommended

I came back here looking for some hope, but your post answered my queston before I could ask.  Hopefuly someone will think up a patch one day to make the 720 work in Win10.  I guess I'll have to use another printer in the meantime.

HP Recommended

Do you know if this is an issue with the HP 3520e all-in one printers?  I lost the ability to print and have done everything including shutting down the firewall.  I work remote and my IT department keeps saying it's a driver issue not a computer issue but the printer loaded just fine on the loaner they sent me.  I just wonder if there is a patch or something that needs to be installed on my laptop.  I'm at the end of my rope with this issue and am grasping at anything.  My printer is only a year old and I dont' want to replace it like my IT department is recommending. Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.