Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I can't find the "Accept as Solution" button
HP Recommended

@daVIDeo1968 wrote:
I can't find the "Accept as Solution" button

The "Accept as Solution" button is only available if you originated the thread, in this thread the solution was marked already here.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

okay, over and out.

HP Recommended

IT SEEMS YOU ALL HAVE A DIFFERENT BUT RELATED PROBLEM THAN I DO.

I USE A STANDARD PC WITH A REAL PARALLEL PORT ON IT AND MY HP720C PRINTER SAYS ITS

ALL THERE AND WORKING - BUT IT PRINTS NOTHING.

NOTE: I USE "PARALLEL PORTS"

THE "PRINT A TEST PAGE APPEARS" IN THE BUFFER (SPOOLER) BUT I GET NOTHING ON PAPER.

I HAVE THE DISC WITH SOFTWARE BUT IT ALSO SAYS (AS ANOTHER PERSON ALREADY SAID)

" WON'T WORK ON THIS OPERATIONG SYSTEM  (WINDOWS 7 64 BIT IS WHAT I HAVE)

CAN ANYONE HELP, AM I MISSING SOMETHING?  I ALSO RAN "FIXIT" AND IT SAYS ALL IS WELL.

DeeZee

HP Recommended

@DonZee wrote:

IT SEEMS YOU ALL HAVE A DIFFERENT BUT RELATED PROBLEM THAN I DO.

I USE A STANDARD PC WITH A REAL PARALLEL PORT ON IT AND MY HP720C PRINTER SAYS ITS

ALL THERE AND WORKING - BUT IT PRINTS NOTHING.

NOTE: I USE "PARALLEL PORTS"

THE "PRINT A TEST PAGE APPEARS" IN THE BUFFER (SPOOLER) BUT I GET NOTHING ON PAPER.

I HAVE THE DISC WITH SOFTWARE BUT IT ALSO SAYS (AS ANOTHER PERSON ALREADY SAID)

" WON'T WORK ON THIS OPERATIONG SYSTEM  (WINDOWS 7 64 BIT IS WHAT I HAVE)

CAN ANYONE HELP, AM I MISSING SOMETHING?  I ALSO RAN "FIXIT" AND IT SAYS ALL IS WELL.

DeeZee

The 64 bit version of Windows 7 requires a patch to be applied, see the post here for information.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
DonZee,

Sorry, I have nothing more to offer on this
HP Recommended

What program do I open the DT_Patch.tgz ?

HP Recommended
What program did you open it in? BonnieJean
HP Recommended

@bonniejean wrote:
What program did you open it in? BonnieJean

Windows 7 can open zip files without any program needed.  I updated the solution here with details, if you have more questions post them as a reply here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

My windows 7 will not automatically open the zip file.  In getting the patch, downloading and click open folder, it asks what program I want to open it in.  What should I put to open?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.