Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@JW6468 wrote:

Do you know if this is an issue with the HP 3520e all-in one printers?  I lost the ability to print and have done everything including shutting down the firewall.  I work remote and my IT department keeps saying it's a driver issue not a computer issue but the printer loaded just fine on the loaner they sent me.  I just wonder if there is a patch or something that needs to be installed on my laptop.  I'm at the end of my rope with this issue and am grasping at anything.  My printer is only a year old and I dont' want to replace it like my IT department is recommending. Thanks!

What operating system? Are there any error messages?  Does the printer go through the motions of printing but fails to put ink in the page?  I would suggest posting in a new thread with an appropriate title and plenty of details.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Used the patch under Windows 7. And all was well... Then Windows 10 came along, and I did not foresee any issue with the printer...

Resulting in my fully functional DeskJet 710C printer sitting on my desk, and my PC with Windows 10 being hooked up to it, but still unable to transfer data to it 😞

I hope this get fixed soon...

HP Recommended

I got an email  askeing if this patch fixed my problem.  I am not listed in this thread  so I have to say no. 

My problem was fixed in another thread titled "Windows 7 64 bit driver for HP Deskjet 1000cse model C2670A"

HP Recommended

@Neko- wrote:

Used the patch under Windows 7. And all was well... Then Windows 10 came along, and I did not foresee any issue with the printer...

Resulting in my fully functional DeskJet 710C printer sitting on my desk, and my PC with Windows 10 being hooked up to it, but still unable to transfer data to it 😞

I hope this get fixed soon...

The patch does not work for Windows 8 or later (including 8.1 and 10).  I did some work on this for some time and did not make any progress.  I do not expect to be able to resolve this, and I do not know of any other efforts to address this.

I have seen reports that the system will work if shared from a Windows XP machine.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Any chance that the Microsoft wizard Alan Morrris who was a key player in developing the patch for Windows 7 that helped so many of us can work similar miracles for Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Oh, I know the patch doesn't work for anything beyond Windows 7.

Still, I did not consider any problems with the printer cropping up on a direct port from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

As to addressing the printer through a network... I got a cheap printserver with LPT port, and hooked up the printer to that. I can access the printserver, and see that it has the printer properly identified on it. Windows 10 however STILL crashes the printspooler even with the printserver in between. See http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-Deskjet-710C-fails-to-work-under-Windows-10/td-p/5... for the thread I started on it specifically.

HP Recommended

I am very thankful for this thread and glad I found it 4 years ago so I could keep the 722C. Thanks Bob Headrick for your work here. When the time comes to leave Win7, is there a way to save a print job then transfer that to a jump drive/flash drive then plug that into an older Win XP or 7 to print?

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for your help in the past - your patch and instructions got my 722C working again when I got my new laptop with Windows 7 64-bit!!!

Now I've (stupidly) taken the plunge and installed Windows 10 (64-bit).  And of course, my printer driver is broken again.

Just wanted to reply in case anyone ever finds a patch for Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm also very interested to get drivers for my HP 710c (and my HP 816c) because I am using Windows 10 too.

Meanwhile I' have installed VBOX (from Oracle) and implemented a Virtual Machine running with Windows 7. Then I have installed the same patch in this Virtual Machine in the same way as it is written. The HP 710c works (the HP 816c  I have not yet tested).

Some hints

- You can use the same Product-Key for Windows 7 in your Virtual Machine which you have used before upgrading.

- You have to install the Guest Specific Additions in your Virtual Machine.

- You have to create  a Transfer Folder, to transfer files from Windows 10 to the Virtual Machine to print them.

It is indeed a bit complicated and  therefore I hope that we will get appropriate drivers in the future -  but meanwhile I shall work with the solution as scritten above.

HP Recommended

C'était pour moi un problème insurmontable. Avec votre aide tout c'est fait comme par magie. Mille merci

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.