Question

Top Student
Kpasza
Message 1 of 3 (2,377 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet 722C not working with Windows 7

OK, so I applied the DJ_Patch as described. (See http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-and/Deskjet-710-720-810-820-100-Series-prin... ) I have Windows 7, 64 bit and an HP Deskjet 722C.  Tried to print test page, but got printer error.  Tried to add printer, looking for the 722C but it's not on the list, even tried doing Windows Update to look for my printer.   Tried restarting, that didn't work either.  Still getting printer error.  I appreciate any other suggestions.  BTW, printer is connected using USB to parallel port cable.

Top Student
Kpasza
Message 2 of 3 (2,347 Views)

Re: Deskjet 722C not working with Windows 7

My HP Deskjet 722C is now working!  I spent several hours trying different things only to find out it was the cable we were using to connect the printer to our new computer.  There wasn't much info on the cable package but if you looked closely it said it worked only with Win XP, Vista and ME.  Who knew cables only worked with certain OS...not me!!  Once we went and purchased a new cable ($40, yikes!!), we were up and running within minutes.  I'm sure a less expensive cable is available online.

I wanted to post this in hopes of saving someone else frustration, time and money.

Student
Snooze777
Message 3 of 3 (1,812 Views)

Re: Deskjet 722C not working with Windows 7

Thanks a bunch.  I wasted hours trying to figure out the problem!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation