Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Driver 500C works for 882C.

HP Recommended

I have just repaced a Windows XP Desktop PC to which I had connected an HP DeskJet 880C printer via a Parallel Printer Cable.  I think the driver dowloaded from Microsoft was for an 882C and it worked fine.

My new PC is an HP Laptop.  My question is can I just use a Parallel to USB cable to plug the two devices together and how do I obtain a suitable driver please?

Any help will be gratefully received and any suggestions aooreciated,

Regards

JGEaton

HP Recommended

I installed Windows 7 on new HD, picked HP 882 driver when loading hp 880c and everything seemed fine. Then for the first time since loading Win 7 I went to print a photo and it cam out horrible. No face on one pic, different hues on the other. Changed out cartridge to eliminate possible bad cartridge, same problem.

Prining all other ways works well, photo prints are the only problem. Any suggestions? Not a driver problem? Thanks.

Steve

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.  I had to follow instruction two or three times until I realized that I hadn't completed step three by Configure the Driver.  I finally selected the proper port USB and the printer came to life and then I printed a good picture on it along with some print.  It all works nice now.  Thanks once again.  BobH19

HP Recommended

Hallo

my elitebook 8560w is owned by hp, and windows update is not available,

hp880c is my home printer,

I downloaded "Microsoft driver update for HP DeskJet 882C"

I tried add printer /local printer / have disk:

but  can't force  have disk to use the file prnhp001.Inf where driver declaration is.

how about using regedit, do you have a template for that?

thanks

eemamas  

HP Recommended
My 880C works fine now with Windows 7 as does my main printer which is a C5180 All-in-One. At this time I personally have no idea which driver I am using but it works fine and I'm happy now. Thanks to all concerned.
HP Recommended

I must say that I downloaded C882 driver and had difficulties at first until I realized that I wasn't using the right USB Port but one I plugged into my USB Port 4, all went well and now both of my printers work from Windows 7.  It has been my experience that Windows 7 will select the proper driver once it is downloaded.  I go to my Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/View devices and Printers/Add a device.  From there you must make sure of how your printer is connected in order for the driver to work properly.  There is no template that I am aware of.  I hope that my suggestions prove fruitful.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.