Question

Honor Student
swiss95
Message 1 of 6 (5,852 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet 9300 with Windows 7

My new pc has Windows 7  (home premium) and I want to keep my old printer Deskjet 9300. I've read the posts here and the HP article "Installing the Printer with an Alternate Driver in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection"

When the 9300 was set up on the old computer (Win XP) six years ago, we used a parallel cable.   I think the new computer wants a USB connection. The online manual says insert the cd and follow the steps to choose usb or parallel. I no longer have the software cd. Is there a way to make this work? Can I download the software? Does the alternate driver require a usb connection?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Teacher
Abhi_13
Message 2 of 6 (5,801 Views)

Re: Deskjet 9300 with Windows 7

Hi, swiss95

I reviewed your issue and want to guide you with the solution for the issue you are facing with.
First thing you will have to use the USb cable for computer and printer connection.
Second thing there is no full feature software and drivers for Deskjet 9300 series printer compatible with windows 7.
Hence you can only use the alternate driver and no full feature suite would be available.
To load the alternate driver you can try the below steps available in the link.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01796821
Also if the alternate driver for Deskjet 9300 doesn't works then you can delete the alternate driver from the devices and printers folder and can try and load another alternate driver named as Deskjet 6980 with the same steps of loading the alternate driver but instead of selecting the deskjet 1220C select Deskjet 6980 and install it and try and print a test page and check the result.

Wish you all success.
Click on Kudos if the issue is fixed and if need any assistance further you can write to the same post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself.

Honor Student
swiss95
Message 3 of 6 (5,789 Views)

Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply. Yes the alternate driver has the old 9300 up and running. I appreciate your help.

Teacher
Abhi_13
Message 4 of 6 (5,767 Views)

Hello swiss95,

I am pleased you clicked on Kudos and closed the post by selecting it as Resolved issue.

I am happy to know that your issue was fixed. Enjoy your printer you loved. Bye and thank you once again.

Student
andresscala
Message 5 of 6 (5,630 Views)

hi swiss95 i just bought 2 pc and those comes with windows 7x64 i tried both solutions but didnt work, either windows update or the 6980 controller, can you help me¡?

Honor Student
swiss95
Message 6 of 6 (5,627 Views)

Hi Andres

I followed the blue link in the message above from the HP expert Abhi_13 who answered my query. I followed the instructions in that article for the 1220c driver.  I had to follow the steps for Windows Update button in Step Two.  As I recall, the only problem was some confusion about the port, but it worked out OK.

So far, the only thing that doesn't work as before,  is the button on the scanner to print straight from the scanner bed-- we have to scan the image onto the PC, then select print. Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation