Deskjet F2280 not working in Windows 8.1 preview (486 Views)
Top Student
Starburst
Message 1 of 2 (486 Views)

Deskjet F2280 not working in Windows 8.1 preview

I have recently downloaded and installed Windows 8.1 Preview and now I am getting message when I try to print to my Deskjet F2280 that the drivers are not installed.  I have repeatedly tried to install the drivers to no avail.  I can get the F2280 to connect to my PC and do scans, but the printing side is just not happening.

It was working fine in Windows 8.

I have made a recovery image to put the computer back to Windows 8 but this is not working either so I am stuck with Windows 8.1.

Please can someone help me with this as I have been banging my head against a brick wall for best part of a week now and just do not know what else I can do?

PhD Student
Boston_RDSX
Message 2 of 2 (453 Views)

Re: Deskjet F2280 not working in Windows 8.1 preview

Starburst,

I am sorry you are having this issue, however Microsoft Windows 8.1 is still in "Beta" with Microsoft. HP doesn't support products that are in Beta, since it can change multiple times over the course of its time in Beta. I would suggest contacting Microsoft to troubleshoot your issue.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

I hope this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation