Question

Honor Student
adii0798
Message 1 of 7 (154 Views)

Deskjet F4580 Driver

Hi, i moved house recently and tried to connect my printer to my new router via the hp solution centre software however the software wasnt recognising my printer when i connected it by usb eventhough my laptop made a sound whenever i plugged the usb in/took it out. So i uninstalled the software and downloaded it again from the hp website, however when i open the download file, a small window opens saying extracting but when it reaches 100% it closes and nothing happens. i've tried waiting for over an hour, i've tried opening the file again but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be much appreciated because i need to scan a document urgently!

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 7 (118 Views)

Re: Deskjet F4580 Driver

Welcome to the forums adii0798:smileyhappy:

I understand when you try to install your Deskjet F4580 back on to your computer, the installation does not start after the extraction is completed.

I would like to know which operating system you are running so I can do some research on this issue for you. I will then look to see what we can try to hopefully have the installation running for you!

Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thank you:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
adii0798
Message 3 of 7 (113 Views)

Windows 7 32bit
HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 7 (105 Views)

Thank you for responding!

I have a few suggestions, here they are:

1. Perform a Clean Boot and restart the PC.

2. Disable your firewalls/anti-virus.

3. Run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to install the printer. (continue if the install failed)

• Perform a Level 3 uninstall if you have an HP computer or a Level 4 uninstall if you have a non-HP computer.

There are 2 ways you can run either of the Levels:

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open 'Computer', and then right click on the CD drive and open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers:

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356) (If there is more than one, choose the most recent folder)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers:

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

I hope that helps!

Let me know the results:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
adii0798
Message 5 of 7 (77 Views)

Hi, thanks for replying but i have tried everything you mentioned but still nothing is happening after its finished extracting.

The HP install wizard just re-opens and recognises my printer when connected by usb and says there is a problem with the driver for the printer and it downloads the hp deskjet f4500 software for me and extracts it then closes then this happens again, its happened about 5 times so its downloaded the software like 5 times but it keeps saying theres a problem with the driver

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 6 of 7 (63 Views)

Hi there adii,

Try going back into the %temp% folder and running the setup.exe file from there to see if that will work.

If that does not work, create another user account on your computer with administrator rights and then try downloading and installing the software.

Create a user account

Good luck:smileyhappy:

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
adii0798
Message 7 of 7 (59 Views)

Hi,
I have managed to get it working by using the add a printer through windows however it only allowed me to set up a wired connection, so thankfully I can print but can't do anything else

I will try doing what you just mentioned and hopefully it works 🙏
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation