Document won't print (5542 Views)
Student
Bill3
Message 1 of 5 (5,542 Views)
Accepted Solution

Document won't print

I tried to print a 256 K document. It won't print. It is in the queue, but I cannot delete it. Status shows "deleting" but doesn't delete. Until I remove it from the queue I cannot print anything else. How can I remove the document from the queue?
Grad Student
ErnyWhite
Message 2 of 5 (5,532 Views)

Re: Document won't print

Go to control panel(classic view)--admin tools--services-- double click Print spooler-- stop the service  reboot the computer

Try it and see if it works

Kudos appreciated if question answered or solution provided
Student
truthseeker66
Message 3 of 5 (4,304 Views)

Your advice was the only thing that worked after hours of trying to fix my printer.

Thank-you.

Student
B33tle
Message 4 of 5 (3,238 Views)

If you're using Windows 7, open the control panel and click on Devices and Printers.  In the window that comes up, RIGHT click on the printer and select "Troubleshoot".  This routine found not only the stuck document but a couple of other problems on my Deskjet 6540, which now runs like new.

Intern
thomasr1950
Message 5 of 5 (2,414 Views)

I have the same issue. I followed your steps, but it still won't print. Documents still in que. Running Win 764bit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation