Question

Student
55budrose74
Message 1 of 10 (2,528 Views)

Does Windows 8 support my printer (HP Photosmart 7350. I have tried Scan Dr. and Wizard & no luck.

Can my HP Photosmart 7350 be used on my new Gateway Computer (desk top)? I have used HP's scan doctor and wizard and nothing works. I have tried to use the drive for HP deskjet 5550, but the test page does not work.  Wizard recognizes my Photosmart 7350. I nne your help.  Thanks in advance.  55budrose74.

Tutor
Justin30
Message 2 of 10 (2,521 Views)

Re: Does Windows 8 support my printer (HP Photosmart 7350. I have tried Scan Dr. and Wizard & no

Hello, my name is Justin and I'm with HP. Based on my research, this printer is not supported on Windows 8.

Tutor
Squeakmail
Message 3 of 10 (2,517 Views)

Re: Does Windows 8 support my printer (HP Photosmart 7350. I have tried Scan Dr. and Wizard & no

Both my HP printers refuse to work correctly on either W7 or W8, budrose, but the networked Officejet7310 works perfectly under Windows XP.
PhD Student
Dot4
Message 4 of 10 (2,516 Views)

Your printer does not support Windows 8 but you might try installing an alternate driver for your printer.  It may or may not work but its worth a try.  Ensure your printer is connected to the computer and go to devices and printers and select add a printer, it should search for your printer and when it finds it select it and select next follow the instructions and you will get to a point that it will search for a driver for your printer you want to select HP  as the manufacture and then select the Photosmart PCL3 Class Driver and see if this works.

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Tutor
Squeakmail
Message 5 of 10 (2,515 Views)

I've done the same thing with my 7310 - but despite it detecting the device and showing me the IP address, make, model and serial number of my device whilst installing the software, it says "Device not connected" when I actually try to run it.
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 10 (2,494 Views)

Does Windows 8 support my printer (HP Photosmart 7350. I have tried Scan Dr. and Wizard & no luck.

If using an alternate driver isn't working, then you will not be able to get the printer working with Windows 8. You could try using different alternate drivers until you find one that works, but that could be a rather lengthy process.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
Squeakmail
Message 7 of 10 (2,491 Views)

Re: Does Windows 8 support my printer (HP Photosmart 7350. I have tried Scan Dr. and Wizard &amp

The *printer* works fine - it's the scanner that has been a nightmare since the dawn of time.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 10 (2,491 Views)

The scanner won't work with the PCL 3 driver. It's just for printing. If you want scanning back, you will need to get a printer that is supported in Windows 8, or that has an InOS driver for Windows 8.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
Squeakmail
Message 9 of 10 (2,490 Views)

Re: Does Windows 8 support my printer (HP Photosmart 7350. I have tried Scan Dr. and Wizard &amp

I've never had scanning - so it's not "coming back".

I've looking at a new printer, despite this one working perfectly on XP. The Epson 4540.
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 10 of 10 (2,488 Views)

I don't know a lot about Epson printers. You'll need to contact them about that. I would make sure it, or any other printer you're looking at, is going to work in Windows 8 before making the purchase. In the future, you might want to look at what an OS does and does not support before upgrading. This will prevent situations like this one from coming back up.
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation