Question

Tutor
ASPhi1330
Message 1 of 7 (318 Views)
Accepted Solution

Does the hp psc 1210v all-in-one have the ability to print back to front?

My hp psc 1210v all-in-one is still working and it is driving me crazy that this printer doesn't have the ability to print back to front. I am also upset that there is no software to print double sided like with the newer hp printers.

Is it just me or would this printer be perfect if it had these features?

Tutor
ASPhi1330
Message 2 of 7 (317 Views)

Re: Does the hp psc 1210v all-in-one have the ability to print back to front?

I mean really, can't HP just take the code from a newer printer and add the code to the drivers for this printer?
Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 3 of 7 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]

Printing back to front is actually a feature of the software you are using.  You can do this in Word on your printer now.  This link will go into more detail: "Printing Back to Front."

Lastly, two-sided printing is an accessory part that you put on the back of the printer to make it turn (called a duplexer). Once again, not a feature that can be added to a driver, or this printer for that matter.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but on the plus side, at the HP Parts Store, there are enough parts for this printer, you could keep it running for decades.  

I am glad you like it. :smileyhappy:

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Tutor
ASPhi1330
Message 4 of 7 (275 Views)

Thanks for the help.

The link you sent me to wasn't great, but I looked around in the advanced preferences and realized that I was able to change the print order under the layout options. I just had to click the underlined "Front to Back" and then I was easily able to switch it to "Back to Front."

As for the double sided feature I am looking for...I am talking about the software (not hardware) feature that more modern printers have. Like for my HP Photosmart D110, when I go to preferences, on the right side there is an option to "Print on both sides to save paper." That is the software update I would like for my psc 1210v. I would like to be able to select the "manual" option under the "Print on both sides to save paper."

Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 5 of 7 (265 Views)

I understand now.  You would at least like the option to print on both sides even if it is just manually.  I am surprised your printer doesn't have that feature.  I have discovered in Microsoft Word, I have that option if I use the Deskjet 990c driver.  The only option when I use your printer is to print every other page.  If you would like this feature, you can assign an alternate print driver to your printer and switch to your original driver when you need it.

--How to Assign an Alternate Print Driver--

I hope this will work as a solution for you.  

Keep me posted.

Tutor
ASPhi1330
Message 6 of 7 (263 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Having to switch the driver isn'tn ideal, but I understand. I may be the last person to still have this printer but it would be a nice feature.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 7 of 7 (259 Views)

Well at least now you know you have the means to do so.  Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Happy Printing!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation