Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet 1600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When will a driver be made available for the HP Color  Laserjet 1600 for Windows 10 64 bit?  It printed fine with Windows 8.1, but since the updgrade to Windows 10 it will not print at all.

Thanks,

JN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have answered my own question or found a temporary fix until an official driver is released. After a few hits and misses with different HP Color Laserjet Drivers,  I downloaded the  HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 8 and Higher (64-bit) located at the below link.  It is listed for the HP Color LaserJet 3700 Printer but it worked for the HP Color Laserjet 1600 as well.  Hope this will help someone. 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=315850&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

Thanks,

JN

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

I have answered my own question or found a temporary fix until an official driver is released. After a few hits and misses with different HP Color Laserjet Drivers,  I downloaded the  HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 8 and Higher (64-bit) located at the below link.  It is listed for the HP Color LaserJet 3700 Printer but it worked for the HP Color Laserjet 1600 as well.  Hope this will help someone. 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=315850&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

Thanks,

JN

HP Recommended

I downloaded the softwear you suggested but still I get "error". It won't print. What else did you do but download. I've tried everything in settings... HP support sais that HP Color LaserJet 1600 will never work with Windows 10!

/Myriam

HP Recommended
I had the same issue again. I recently had to reformat my hard drive and I received the same error message. This is what I did: 1) Disconnect the printer USB cord from the printer. 2) Open device and printers, right click on the printer and click remove device. 3) Go to the HP website and download the driver for Windows 8 32 or 64 bit dependin on your system) 4) Once the driver is downloaded, right click and run the installer as the administrator. 5) After installation finishes, reconnect the printer. Windows should detect that you gave connected a new device and go through a driver installation. Once that is complete, see if it works and let me know.
HP Recommended

Yes absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much! I love my Color LaserJet 1600 and really hated the idea that it might not work with my new Windows 10 computer. I'm so glad I didn't give up trying. Thanks again!

/Myriam

HP Recommended
Awesome. Glad that I could help!!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for this solution JN, really appreciate it!!

HP Recommended

My pleasure!

HP Recommended

Can't find how to "accept this sollution" in the forum...? Please tell me.

HP Recommended

I don't know what they did with that option.  I have looked and cannot locate it as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.