Question

Student
ssfichte
Message 1 of 5 (1,581 Views)

Driver not Digitally Signed

Windows 7 tells me that my Photosmart C6100 series "driver is not digitally signed" or "not signed in the appropriate manner".  What's going on?  Everything is working fine, Solution Center OK.

Further search reveals at the Devices and Printers window; the PC device has a yellow warning icon attached. Click Properties - at the hardware device function window shows 3  "Photosmart C6100 series devices with drivers not installed (error code 28)". 

Update driver wont work because Windows will not accept the HP driver because the "driver is not digitally signed".

Student
clintyboy
Message 2 of 5 (1,239 Views)

Re: Driver not Digitally Signed

Hi i have the same error message come up when i installed my new printer.

i have the officejet pro 8500A . everything works except for printing.

need help ASAP

Student
GTPG
Message 3 of 5 (1,205 Views)

I bought a printer HP Deskjet 3050 All-In-One J610 series and have the same message:

"Driver not digitally signed" .

Microsoft is not accepting this driver because HP for whatever reason didn't sign the driver (signing costs time and money).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/digital_signature

Student
WireBodyArt
Message 4 of 5 (610 Views)

My son gave me this printer & I've been very happy with it for 2 years - but now I'm spitting mad. The CD is long-gone & I may need to buy a new printer, but it won't be HP unless this site offers much more reliable software updates.

I need my printer to work! I have tons of college papers to print!!!

Oh, hindsight is 20-20! I wish I had never updated my HP 1610 printer drivers!!! Besides not being able to print documents from my computer now, with a customized install of choosing  only the drivers, all of the software was installed anyway - the Yahoo Toolbar, the HP shopping app, & the photo software, etc.

When trying to install Windows 7 digitally signed driver PSC1600 Series, as with other HP printer users, I now have the message "Unable to find a core driver package required by printer driver package".

Student
jeanie59
Message 5 of 5 (119 Views)

Software won't complete for Photosmart C4780 becuz "not digitally signed".  Help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation