Question
Driver not compatible with a policy on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers
Replies (11)

Top Student
jwhorton
Message 11 of 12 (104 Views)

Re: Driver not compatible with a policy on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers

I wasn't considering deleting the USBPRINT folder from the registry. Just the folder that contains the references to my HP printer within that folder since there wasn't a Vid_03 reference for it in the USB folder. I performed an upgrade to Vista Business SP1 and subsequently applied SP2 which precludes an option of re-upgrading as that won't be allowed (SP1 over a SP2 version). So, you're suggesting a "clean" install of Business SP1? That was what I was avoiding when I went the upgrade route as I wanted to keep what I had. I'd rather "work the problem" of something within the registry is preventing this printer installation.............
HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 12 of 12 (91 Views)

Re: Driver not compatible with a policy on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers

Hi jwhorton,

The only keys I can recommend and need to be deleted are the Vid keys.

I have provided a tool from Microsoft to run.

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.

Then I would run the full Microsoft Fix It Tool.

Fix it for me.

Then reinstall the printer again to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know the results.

Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation