Question

Honor Student
jugal
Message 1 of 3 (1,424 Views)

Drivers For Windows 7 64-bit for the printer HP Deskjet 3700 Series

Hey all,

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 64-bit Home Basic. I have an HP Deskjet 3700 Series (HP Deskjet 3745...to be more precise) printer.

When I inserted the CD-ROM provided by HP, it resulted in an error saying that the software was not compatible with this Windows version.

Then, I went online, hopeful that I might get the driver and followed the steps as listed by HP if device driver installation failed, as it is on this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02663742&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

But, at ne point in time, where Windows has to detect my printer, it fails to do so.Also this drver is not downloadable.

Can please someone help me out ???

Honor Student
jugal
Message 2 of 3 (1,422 Views)

Re: Drivers For Windows 7 64-bit for the printer HP Deskjet 3700 Series

[ Edited ]
Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 3 of 3 (1,384 Views)

Re: Drivers For Windows 7 64-bit for the printer HP Deskjet 3700 Series

Hey Jugal. Have you tried manually adding the printer? You dont need to download a driver to get this specific printer to work in Win 7. Here is how you can manually install the printer:

1. Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the product. If the USB cable is connected to the product, disconnect it.
  2. From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and Printers . The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Click Add a printer
  4. Click Add a local printer
  5. Click Use an existing port
  6. Click the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) , and then click Next .
  7. Click the Windows Update button and wait for the updates to complete. (This may take a few minutes)
  8. In the Install the printer driver window, under Manufacturer click HP , and then search for your driver under Printers . If the driver does not show up under HP, try looking under Hewlett Packard.
    NOTE:The print drivers are displayed by their series names, which means the last one or two numbers may show as zeroes. For instance, the HP Photosmart 8750 displays as HP Photosmart 8700, and the PSC 1210 displays as the PSC 1200 series.
  9. Once you find the appropriate driver, plug the USB cable back into the printer.
  10. The Installing Device Driver Software window should briefly display in the bottom right corner of the computer screen. Wait for it to disappear.
  11. Click the Cancel button on the Add Printer window.
  12. The newly installed printer now shows in the Devices and Printers window.

Let me know how this works for you.

Best of luck!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation