10-05-2011 09:57 AM
I have an issue with a Color Laserjet CM2320 Fxi MFP printer. We are trying to share this device on anetwork. At the moment the queue is on a Windows server 2003 server and is being accessed by windows xp (32 Bit) and Windows 7 (64-bit) clients
We have used the universal PS driver (v5.2) on the shared server print queue as there is no dedicated server driver for this model of printer on the HP website. However, this driver universal causes the printer to "freeze up". The screen simply shows a preparing to print message and the circular image rotates as if it is receiving data but nothing happens.
I am almost enirely sure this is driver related as I am able to print ok from a stand alone XP machine that I installed the full printer package on. This package actually shows that it has a dedicated CM2320 driver on the queue's advanced property tab. However, sharing this printer queue and pulling the driver from this machine to the server does not install the driver on the server and when i try to access the newly created server queue I am presented with a message that the driver isn't installed.
I need to deploy this machine effectively in the enterprise environment and need a reliable driver that can be deployed easily.
Can any one help?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS