Drivers for HP DESKJET 850C - for Windows XP (or Vista if there is) (5429 Views)
Top Student
RonWolpa
Message 1 of 4 (5,429 Views)

Drivers for HP DESKJET 850C - for Windows XP (or Vista if there is)

As I haven´t found over the internet such driver  , it includes HP downloads - operational system seeks a file with .inf extensions as I try to install the printer -    I tried to extract it  from a .cab drivers backup on windows xp disc ;  I could retrieve the file hpvdj850.gpd which served for nothing.
I am running Windows 7 and I am convinced if I had the HP DESKJET 850C  driver for XP it would work.  During the time I used windows 98 and windows XP
the printer was configured with the drivers available by means windows.  Now I realize the original program (which came in 2 diskettes) remained  out all my cd and dvd backups and is unfortunately missing.
I count with the help of someone who could inform where I can download the driver .inf from.
Thank you

Intern
JessicaD42
Message 2 of 4 (5,381 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP DESKJET 850C - for Windows XP (or Vista if there is)

RonWolpa,

Prior to migrating to Windows 7 from Windows XP did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor? 
To determine if your current computer configuration will be compatible with Windows 7 please go to the following link: http://tinyurl.com/no4xb7

Another resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Top Student
RonWolpa
Message 3 of 4 (5,050 Views)

it´s too late now to check compatibility as it is already installed on my computer.
However despite some minor problems Windows 7  runs to a tee.

It is interesting to note that as I start Windows 7 with printer on , the hardware on paralel port is recognized correctly;

Good chances are if I have the driver to install the printer (system seeks for a  .inf   file) it will work I am convinced;

I will keep seeking for such drivers ,  unfortunetaly I cannot extract it from the windows xp installation disk ;

Top Student
onek00lj4y
Message 4 of 4 (3,275 Views)

Hello mate,i am having the same problem,did you manage to find any drivers for windows 7,im looking every where for them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation