06-25-2014 06:41 AM
My printer sends an error message every time I print but it prints everything twice.
I have checked for updates but the system says there is nothing available.
I am running Windows 8.1. The printer worked wonderfully before I updated.
06-26-2014 12:32 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I understand that you are using the ENVY 4500, recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and are having some strange printing issues. Giving an error and printing is strange enough, but an error and printing the document twice is very odd.
A couple of questions before working towards a resolution;
- What is the connection between the printer and computer?
- Is the printer able to make copies without issues?
- In what method have you check for updates, on the computer or on the printer?
- What is the error when you print?
In the mean time, try running the HP Print and Scan Dr to see if this can locate a possible cause to this issue. Also, please reply back with its results.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS