08-14-2014 11:31 AM
Hello @SnowCapStriker, I hope you are well
I have noticed your posts about the error 1627 during installation of your Deskjet 5525. As you have a device manager, it seems you are running a Windows system.
I would like to make some suggestions and hopefully they will help you.
Try this scan first, which will check your system files to ensure they are not corrupt:
Now try running the installation again. If that fails, move on.
Unregistering and re-registering the Microsoft Windows Installer service:
1. Click the Start menu and type " cmd " in the search field and press enter.
2. Type in " msiexec /unregister " and then press enter.
3. Type in " msiexec /regserver " and then press enter.
4. Restart your PC and try the installation.
- If that does not help, try creating a new user account on your computer and give it administrative privileges and try the install from the new account.
Hopefully one of those steps have helped install the printer successfully!
Let me know the results
★Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
ℜ a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS