08-16-2013 08:48 AM
1. Uninstalled all unused SW and also all the security SW which you can install later on
2. Check all service in MSconfig (Click on Start and in the search box type MSconfig)
And than restart the PC and check if you get device manager with all the HW list.
If still no entry in Device Manager
You will have edit your registry permission (Note: Incorrect registry setting will corrupt your OS)
Please follow the link below with extra caution
08-16-2013 01:19 PM
Will it be possible for you to restore the PC to factory setting or contact PC manufacturer.
08-17-2013 07:28 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for your help. I was able to get assistance restoring to factory settings and this resolved the blank device manager. I was able to install the printer with no problems as well. Thank you!
03-19-2014 04:46 PM
I am having the sam problem with my new HP Photosmart 5520. After failing to install the drivers over the internet, following the troubleshooter to the end and checking your experience, we set up the printer to register on the wifi. My device manager can see the printer on the wifi but then crashes when trying to install??
I have spent all evening trying to sort this out...what happened to plu n play?
V digruntled. Any help welcomed
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS