04-29-2014 07:12 PM
Error 1722 failed to add port monitor HP Discovery Port Monitor -- can this be fixed? The printer has been working fine for months and just stopped one day. This is the error i got when trying to run the repair app
05-01-2014 07:51 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand the computer experiences a 1722 error when installing the printer. To assist you, I do require the following information:
1. The printer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Guide to finding your product number
2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.
For some quick troubleshooting, try uninstalling the printer software from Control Panel. Restart the computer and disable any Firewall/ Anti-Virus software on the computer. Try reinstalling the printer software and see what happens. Thanks!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS