Question

Student
HappyGail
Message 1 of 2 (383 Views)

Error 1722 failed to add port monitor

Error 1722 failed to add port monitor HP Discovery Port Monitor -- can this be fixed?  The printer has been working fine for months and just stopped one day.  This is the error i got when trying to run the repair app

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (357 Views)

Re: Error 1722 failed to add port monitor

Hello HappyGail,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the computer experiences a 1722 error when installing the printer. To assist you, I do require the following information:

1. The printer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Guide to finding your product number

2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.

For some quick troubleshooting, try uninstalling the printer software from Control Panel. Restart the computer and disable any Firewall/ Anti-Virus software on the computer. Try reinstalling the printer software and see what happens. Thanks!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation