09-29-2013 02:44 PM
Dear msmigh-ty (you may wish to use a more "regular" name ...),
Well, the issue is -- as you have guessed already -- quite easy:
1. The HP-Update utility is delivered (by HP) as part of various pieces of software (the HP All-in-One Printer Drivers being just ONE option);
2. Also, the way HP opted [mostly] for installing its various software pieces is by:
a. Extracting all relevant Installer files in some temporary folder, and
b. Running a set of Setup files, one for each component that has to be installed.
3. Accordingly, you can download practically ANY software package that HP has on offer at its download site, for as long as it contains the HP-Update modules, and proceed just as described for the printers; just make sure that you do NOT allow any of the extracted Setup files to actually run (except for the one for the HP-Update, of course)
Also, for good measure, clean (read: delete) all the other files that were extracted by the initial Installer (just to ensure that you don't inadvertently / mistakenly run them at any other time).
Hope this helps.
12-03-2013 05:25 PM
The printer I have is a HP Officejet J4500. Where do I find the information you list in:
1. Download a current version of the FULL drivers+applications (single HUGE file) for your printer;
I can't fix the error until I complete number 1.
Thanks for you help!
12-03-2013 11:37 PM
Dear "500GRand" (why all those odd names?!),
A short check at HP's Web site brought me to the < http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategor
Just select the correct Operating System, and you can go on from there (with the FULL driver - not the BASIC one).
09-21-2014 05:32 AM
Okay, I'm running Windows 7 and have downloaded the full driver file for my printer. I can't find how to open a list of individual files like the setup\hpupdate file-when I search for it it is not found and when I click the application an install box opens with the options to 1) Install more software 2) Uninstall 3) Add a device....I can't figure out how to locate individual files within the download. Appreciate the help.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS