Question
Error HPSU-0004
Replies (55)

Tutor
TheNCDoc
Message 21 of 56 (1,500 Views)

Re: Error HPSU-0004

After doing an Internet search I did find the large full install disk program for my F300 series printer.  Alas, I was not able to find out where the program unpacked to.  It was not in any of the temp or tmp folders and in fact I did a complete search of both my hard drives and the search turned up nothing like "hpudate" except the log file and and a couple other files not related to the installer.   I was hoping that I could get the hp update primarily for my notebook computer but I was hoping that any of the hp updater programs would work. 

Anyone else have another solution?   I sent an email to the Softpac updater and they said they only worked with enterprise equipment and didn't talk to the home user support group. 

Tutor
TheNCDoc
Message 22 of 56 (1,494 Views)

I think I've found the real final solution:

Search for sp34794.exe

on the Internet. It's on the HP site.   This is the HP Update stand alone installer.

Uninstall the HP Update program in Add/Remove Programs and then run the sp34794.exe program to reinstall the updater. 

Tutor
raulm
Message 23 of 56 (1,476 Views)

Eric, I'm having this kind of problem on an HP Laserjet M1522 nf. I started to get  this HPSU-0004 error message.

Coincidenatlyy ( or not), the scanner part of the HP Laserjet stopped working, at least from the computer. I need to deal with that also. If you have any suggestions/references, I would appreciate it.

Do not know if these two are related.

My question is , can I first remove the HP Update as you show  in item 7, before I download it so I'm able to "install " directly as it is downloaded?

RaulM
Tutor
TheNCDoc
Message 24 of 56 (1,474 Views)

If using XP, go to the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.  I've forgotten what the equivalent is in Win 7, but it's something like Programs and settings.    Look in the list of programs and find HP Update program and remove it. 

Tutor
trattner
Message 25 of 56 (1,468 Views)

Hi Raul,

Sorry to see that this Error seems to be with us longer than the hardware that needs the drivers/ software that emits it.

As to your specific inquiries:

1. Clearly, in order to re-install HP-Update you first have to remove the broken version; so -- should you wish to instal directly from the download (not that I can see why ...) -- you'd be advised to remove the version installed already prior to the download itself.

Just a thought: don't you want to preserve a copy of the download for future use? Because if you do, you can run it anytime you wish ...

2. As for the Scanner: I don't believe it to be related to the previous item. Does the Scanner work in manual mode? Can you perform a Copy? If so, at least you know that the Scanner by itself is functional.

Next step: try to connect to the device through the LAN (from the Browser, by its IP address, assuming you actually connected it in that way); can you use the WebScan function? If so, the device is able to receive commands from your PC/Laptop, and the fault is with the "regular" scanning software.

3. If the fault is with the software, I'd advise to fully remove it and reinstall - hopefully the process will "clean-up" the environment.

If the WebScan fails, you'll probably get some error (like "device not found" or similar); act according to the error you get (might be a device fault, which would need Lab intervention).

Clearly, if you cannot even Copy locally (by the click of a button on the device), than surely this is a device fault ...

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Eric

Tutor
raulm
Message 26 of 56 (1,429 Views)

Eric, I'm able to print ( from the pc) as well as make a copy or sedn a fax on the HP M1522nf.

The HP update is now wroking after I updated the firmware. What remins is the inability to activate the scan form the pc using the desktop icon or by using the Hp itself  and asking it to send it to the pc. Either way I get a message that is unable to communicate with the pc.

This was working fine until now and I have not installed anything. If possible i would rather avoid having to remove and reinstall the HP MFP.

RaulM
Student
PATTYDUQUE
Message 27 of 56 (1,422 Views)

I have also an All-In-One 8500 and it is not possible to get a solution to avoid the pop up message about HPSU-0004. I see all the users of All-In-One devices have had the same problem in different models. What is the solution for WinXP Professional? I did try everyhting I was reading in all the forums around the world and nothing happens and the message appears always when the computer is restarted.

I hope to find a solution soon. Thanks

Tutor
TheNCDoc
Message 28 of 56 (1,420 Views)

With XP Pro, downloading the stand alone HPUpdate program (see above), then un-install the HPUpdate and then run the HPUpdate program that you downloaded.  It worked on my XP Pro.

Doug

Tutor
trattner
Message 29 of 56 (1,412 Views)

Hello Raoul,

Glad to learn that most items work, and sorry to find out that one of them is still not doing so ...

While you may not have installed anything new (knowingly, that is), the Security software your are using (you DO use such, don't you?) might have auto-updated and blocked communications between your PC and MFP device.

It is just a shot in the dark, but -- if I am right -- you may wish to check on which port[s] the fax is working and open those in the Firewall, to enable communication between the devices.

Hope this helps (lack of that, you may wish to contact HP Support, while still under warranty terms).

Good luck,

Eric

Tutor
raulm
Message 30 of 56 (1,401 Views)

Eric, how do I do that  - check on which port[s] the fax is working and open those in the Firewall, to enable communication between the devices.

The firewall I have is Windows with XP Media Ctr . Just a while ago I downloaded AVG Antivirus 7 and do not know how to check it to see if it amy also be blocking ports as you mentiuoned before, so if you an tell how to check it, it would be great.

RaulM
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation