Error HPSU-0004 (25653 Views)
Top Student
trattner
Message 51 of 54 (314 Views)

Re: Error HPSU-0004

Dear msmigh-ty (you may wish to use a more "regular" name ...),

Well, the issue is -- as you have guessed already -- quite easy:

1. The HP-Update utility is delivered (by HP) as part of various pieces of software (the HP All-in-One Printer Drivers being just ONE option);

2. Also, the way HP opted [mostly] for installing its various software pieces is by:

a. Extracting all relevant Installer files in some temporary folder, and

b. Running a set of Setup files, one for each component that has to be installed.

3. Accordingly, you can download practically ANY software package that HP has on offer at its download site, for as long as it contains the HP-Update modules, and proceed just as described for the printers; just make sure that you do NOT allow any of the extracted Setup files to actually run (except for the one for the HP-Update, of course)

Also, for good measure, clean (read: delete) all the other files that were extracted by the initial Installer (just to ensure that you don't inadvertently / mistakenly run them at any other time).

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Eric

Student
500GRand
Message 52 of 54 (209 Views)

The printer I have is a HP Officejet J4500.  Where do I find the information you list in:

1. Download a current version of the FULL drivers+applications (single HUGE file) for your printer;

I can't fix the error until I complete number 1. 

Thanks for you help!

Top Student
trattner
Message 53 of 54 (202 Views)

Dear "500GRand" (why all those odd names?!),

A short check at HP's Web site brought me to the < http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3645094&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en > page for downloading the drivers for your AIO machine.

Just select the correct Operating System, and you can go on from there (with the FULL driver - not the BASIC one).

Good luck!

Eric

Student
tommy3861
Message 54 of 54 (79 Views)

what Is hpSU-0004

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation