02-03-2010 01:35 PM
On my HP4515x Printer . When I Power on my printer, it loads the memory, then sends the mesage
INFLATE FAILURE SEND RFU UPGRADE on USB DEV PORT followed by
DOWNLD FILE NOW SEND RFU UPGRADE ON USB DEV PORT.
Printer was printing normal, stopped and displayed the message above.
Tried all the various ways to load the RFU to no avail.. USB, FTP, WEB JETADMIN,
Printer does not respond to anything. Is the main board bad? Any suggestions?
10-19-2010 08:27 AM
Here is how I solved the problem:
Clearing RFU Error Message
1. Turn the printer power off.
2. Power on the printer and watch for the memory count to begin.
3. Holds down the STOP button when you see the memory counts begin. Continue holding down the STOP button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
4. Press the SELECT (Checkmark) button and then the MENU Button.
5. Scroll down until you see “Clear All RFU Errors”.
6. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is the letter “C” in the word “Clear”.
7. Scroll down until you see “Set Runmode to Manual”.
8. Press the Select button once until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “R” in the word “Runmode”.
9. Scroll down until you see “Set RFU Error Off”.
10. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “S” in the word “Set”
11. Turn the printer off and power up the printer.
02-22-2011 09:16 AM
this worked for me up until step 6. Then there was no such menu item as "Set runmode to Manual." I have a CP 3525 so its menu is probably different. Anyway I was unable to clear the RFU errors so I will try downloading an upgrade. Meanwhile, if anyone knows how to clear this problem from a 3525 let me know.
07-25-2012 12:19 PM
Had same RFU uprade message on a CP4005N. After wasting half a day and then giving up I tried a new memory stick in it the next day......message went away and printer worked instantly.
03-27-2013 04:13 AM
I've got an HP P3015 which is giving the following error - downld file now send rfu upgrade on usb dev port. Its not even allowing me to install the printer as the PC is seeing it as an unknown object. Can anyone please help?
05-01-2013 04:16 PM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS