12-06-2012 09:05 AM
Does anyone know why the shortcut of the HP Deskjet 2050 printer no longer has the estimated ink level feature? It was there until 12/5/12 and now the entire window has changed. Now it only has the options to "See whats printing", "Customize your printer", and Set preferences". I can.t find any reference to any updates that may have changed this, thus I have no restore point. The only thing that has changed recently is the new version of the HP Support Assistant. Could this have an effect on the printer software?
Solved! View Solution.
Re: Estimated Ink Level feature in HP Deskjet 2050 J510 printer
12-06-2012 10:41 AM
Solved problem by downloading lasted driver as instructed.
01-13-2013 02:41 PM
I am having the same problem too and it's pretty annoying. I've been researching how to solve this with no avail. Please tell me what you did inorder to get the "Ink Level" estimation back. What drives did you update exactly? I would really appriciate the help since this has been drivnig my crazy!
01-15-2013 03:56 PM - edited 01-15-2013 03:56 PM
The fix for this issue would be to uninstall current software and download the lastest drivers for your printer. I am linking you to the software and driver page just select operating system and select full feature driver.
Let me know how it goes.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS