Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I cannot get de estirmated ink level screen even though ink cartridges are genuine.

Windows 7 64 bits

HP Deskjet 3050A J611 Series

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

She may only have the basic drivers installed and not the full feature drivers. 

Here is a link to where she can download the full feature software and drivers for the printer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-91736-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Try installing that and let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

luineida,

Here is a link with steps on how to view the ink levels for your printer on your computer: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02049595

If you are still having issues, please let me know. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi, Kyle. Thanks for your help. I have 2 computers in a network and HP is installed in both of them. I can reach the "Estimated ink levels screen" in my computer which has XP Pofessional, but in my wife's computer which has Windows 7 64 bits I cannot get that command. The screen that shows in my wife's computer is somewhat different and do not have the same commands: It only shows the following commands:

See what's printing - Customize your printer - Set preferences

Mine has 10 commands and the "Estimated ink levels" shows under the "Shopping resources" title. Wy wife's does not have the shopping resources title.

I hope this is clear enough to be understood. Thanks again. luineida

HP Recommended

She may only have the basic drivers installed and not the full feature drivers. 

Here is a link to where she can download the full feature software and drivers for the printer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-91736-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Try installing that and let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Signature
HP Recommended

After turning back the clodk on my pc to an earlier state using system restore I no longer got the ink level when starting my pc nor after each printing job. what made the difference? I am running Windows 7 home premium and have an HP Officejet J6450 All-in-One connected via USB 2.0 cable to PC. Whatever made it stop was effected by the system restore and I am able to get the ink levels in HP Solution Center no problem but no longer get the pop ups at startup and after each print job has finnished. What can I do to restore these pop ups?

HP Recommended

After system restore the pop ups with the ink levels discontinued in windows 7 home premium with an hp officejet j6450 all in one printer, fax scanner unit.

HP Recommended

Hi,

uninstall the existing Hpapplication and reboot the computer.

unplug the printer download and install the updated version of drivers and application.

After the installation reboot the computer

Now open the HP application you will see the Estimated ink levels.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have re-installed the software many times it works for a little while then stops working again. Win7. this did not happen when I had XP

HP Recommended

I also loaded new driver and update, but still not available on my VAIO Win 7 64......showed up on the printer screen menus instead of computer screen

HP Recommended

where can I check to see what level my ink is?

It says I am out of ink but I do not know which cartridge is empty

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.