Question

Honor Student
shannon1997
Message 1 of 1 (517 Views)

F4580 wireless prints but scanner not recognisable

Hi

After many hours of trying to get printer and scanner to work, I am at a loss.

My OS is Windows 7.

I have installed All-in-one F4580 series latest software. I rebooted as one does with all new installs.

I printed test page wirelessly - it now prints (it didn't before).

Problem: Scanner does think it is connected to network - HP Solution Center does not recognise the network. Using the installed help software, I tried converting from USB to wireless but that won't work. I tried following instructions on HP wireless help websites. I even tried emailing HP but it wanted my serial number and model, which I have provided - but it doesn't recognise the serial number! 

I did everything I have been asked to do - reset my router, turn printer on/off, look for my printer IP address (still cannot find - it doesn't state the IP or subnet mask anywhere, even on the test page). 

All my other laptops connected with the printer/scanner without problems - EVEN my (ugh) Windows Vista! I would have thought that my new *HP* laptop with Windows 7 would be easy. Honestly, I have tried everything, and still will not show up in my HP Solution Center as being connected!! 

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation