01-06-2012 04:04 PM
After many hours of trying to get printer and scanner to work, I am at a loss.
My OS is Windows 7.
I have installed All-in-one F4580 series latest software. I rebooted as one does with all new installs.
I printed test page wirelessly - it now prints (it didn't before).
Problem: Scanner does think it is connected to network - HP Solution Center does not recognise the network. Using the installed help software, I tried converting from USB to wireless but that won't work. I tried following instructions on HP wireless help websites. I even tried emailing HP but it wanted my serial number and model, which I have provided - but it doesn't recognise the serial number!
I did everything I have been asked to do - reset my router, turn printer on/off, look for my printer IP address (still cannot find - it doesn't state the IP or subnet mask anywhere, even on the test page).
All my other laptops connected with the printer/scanner without problems - EVEN my (ugh) Windows Vista! I would have thought that my new *HP* laptop with Windows 7 would be easy. Honestly, I have tried everything, and still will not show up in my HP Solution Center as being connected!!
Thanks in advance.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS