Re: Failed Installation (103 Views)
Student
marlonmc
Message 1 of 4 (262 Views)

Failed Installation

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to install the full feature software for the HP Photosmart C6180. Each time I attempt it fails and gives me an error: A specified file cannot be found.  I'm running Windows 7-64 bit.  Anyone else having this issue? Here's the screenshot.

HPerror.gif

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)

Re: Failed Installation

[ Edited ]

Hi marlonmc,

It looks like something is messed up with the installer. I recommend to "scrub" the system of the current software and reinstall it by doing the following:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Delete everything in that temp folder (if something cannot be deleted, just skip it).

3. Download & run the full feature software and drivers from here (it should atleast extract the necessary files):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76229-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

4. Again, type %temp% in the run field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Open folder Util

7. Open folder CCC

8. Run the L4uninstall.bat

9. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

10. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

11. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

12. Download & run the full feature software and drivers again

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76229-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Let me know if this helps or not (post another screenshot if you get the error again).

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
48fan
Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)

I am having the same failed install for a officejet 5600 (5610) series.  I am getting a very similar file missing causing it to fail.  I will do the items that I can from your response.  Any further links or instructions would be great~

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 4 of 4 (103 Views)

Hi 48fan,

I understand that you are having an issue with a failed installation. With the steps provided above, have you been able to install the software?

If you have not been able to install the software, are you getting the same error 'The system cannot find the file specified', or is another error message coming up?

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation