Question

Top Student
IGotAQuestion
Message 1 of 3 (132 Views)
Accepted Solution

Failing to install HP L7680 printer drivers on WIN 8.1

Hi

I have a Dell Inspiron 14 running win 8.1.  I cannot get the install to work using the 64 bit file OJ_AIO_L7X00_Full_Win_WW_140_408.  Nothing would happen.  I let it run for 15 minutes and still nothing.  I know its running by looking at the task manager.  It usually takes ~ 40% of my CPU time.  Any thoughts?  Is there a place I can see a log file to see any messages?

Thanks

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 3 (110 Views)

Re: Failing to install HP L7680 printer drivers on WIN 8.1

Hi IGotAQuestion,

I understand you have an Officejet L7680 that you're trying to install on Windows 8.1 without much luck. I will do my best to explain why you seem to be having these difficulties.

I was actually speaking to another forum user about this exact issue last week, so I will link you to that thread. I hope this helps explain why you've been having issues.

Have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
IGotAQuestion
Message 3 of 3 (85 Views)

Re: Failing to install HP L7680 printer drivers on WIN 8.1

Hi

Hate the HP answer to buy a new printer when things don't work for older equipment.  I understand the cost of maintaining thousands of pieces of equipment with all the Operating Systems and their versions is prohibitive.  It’s too bad HP couldn’t open source some of their old software…

The solution that worked for me was to install the base drivers, not the whole package.  This gave me the ability to print.  Not sure if I can scan (haven't tried) or use any of the other capabilities.  But at least I can print.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation