Question

Student
diakonos
Message 1 of 2 (110 Views)

Failure to print black

I have a fairly new PHOTOSMART 6510 e-ALL-IN-ONE. This device is used on the average of once a week. I changed the black toner cartridge for the first time, and now the printer won't print black. I tried a second new cartridge but got the same result. The cartridge align process fails when I run it. I do have the correct cartridge for this device, so that's not the issue.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 2 (74 Views)

Re: Failure to print black

Hello diakonos,

Welcome to the HP Forums:smileyhappy:

I saw your post about your Photosmart 6510 no longer printing in black ink when you changed the cartridge. I also noticed you changed the cartridge again and the printer continues to not print in black.

I have looked into this issue for you and have found a troubleshooting guide that I recommend you checking out. I suggest trying all of the steps and if you have already tried some, to skip those steps.

Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you.

If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all
other regions, click here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Best wishes,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation