05-15-2014 08:12 AM
Model: LaserJet 1536dnf MFP
Error Messages: Fatal Error 7!
Operating System: Windows Vista 32-bit
No recent hardware or software changes
I attempted to install new firmware. Everything seemed to go fine during the install but before the install was complete "Fatal Error 7!" appeared and a few seconds later "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" appeared. I have not been able to figure out a solution. I found the following instructions (Failed Solution) but the same thing happened. I tried following those instructions a few more times with the same results.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
05-16-2014 12:26 PM
Hello dbrdbr, and welcome to the HP Forums.
I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .
I hope this helps!
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS