Question

Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 1 of 7 (361 Views)

Fewer quality print options + no fit-to-papersize option after installing HP updates. How to revert?

printer: HP Deskjet D2360 

After installing HP Photosmart and Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers, meaning the latest software on the HP site, my printer got WORSE. The print quality options are fewer (now 3 instead of the former 5 levels). And the "fit to page" option totally disappeared! The latter is very annoying, as I am printing maps and fitting a map to the A4 size was very useful.

How can I revert to the original oldish good drives? (I think I lost the original printer installation kit.)

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 7 (325 Views)

Fewer quality print options + no fit-to-papersize option after installing HP updates. How to revert?

With the introduction of Win8 many of our drivers were streamlined and made more user friendly for every-day use. This did have the unfortunate side effect of limiting the use of the software in a few notable ways (as you pointed out).

Lets try using an older and more accessible software, the 990c or the Deskjet 9800 drivers:

http://goo.gl/6WVSG

Here is an outline of how you can assign an alternate driver which might make these options available again.

Let me know how this goes and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 3 of 7 (297 Views)

Re: Fewer quality print options + no fit-to-papersize option after installing HP updates. How to rev

Why don't you just direct me to where you archived the D2300 drivers for Windows XP? When I upgraded from XP to Win8, the XP drivers worked fine. Things got worse when I installed your silly "updates".

So, where can I find the original XP drivers?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 7 (289 Views)

If you wold like the original drivers, here is a link for those - However, these drivers are intended for use on an XP machine and therefore I cannot say anything towards how they will operate on a system other than the one they were designed for.

http://goo.gl/r8ywx

Those drivers I linked you too are, however, compatible on Win8 machines and contain software that should be consistent with the version you were used to.

Let me know how this goes and have a great day!

:smileyhappy:
Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 5 of 7 (240 Views)

Re: Fewer quality print options + no fit-to-papersize option after installing HP updates. How to rev

The problem is not if it works in an newer Windows system, like 7 or 8, because it worked before your stupid update.

The real problem is how to install the driver (http://goo.gl/r8ywx) on Windows 7 or 8? I get this error message: "This software cannot be installed using the 'Run As...' command. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved." The point is I did't try "Run As...". Then I tried a lot of immaginable scenarios (of course I am the administrator), including "Safe Mode", but nothing convinced this software to move past that point. I haven't encountered any other application so whimsical, even if they were for XP. Some Google search shows that it only happens to some HP products.

Then, what can I do to install this?

Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 6 of 7 (229 Views)

The problem is not if it works in an newer Windows system, like 7 or 8, because it worked before your stupid update.

The real problem is how to install the driver (http://goo.gl/r8ywx) on Windows 7 or 8? I get this error message: "This software cannot be installed using the 'Run As...' command. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved." The point is I did't try "Run As...". Then I tried a lot of immaginable scenarios (of course I am the administrator), including "Safe Mode", but nothing convinced this software to move past that point. I haven't encountered any other application so whimsical, even if they were for XP. Some Google search shows that it only happens to some HP products.

Then, what can I do to install this?

Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 7 of 7 (187 Views)

Dear HP, is anybody from your company minimally interested in your customers' request for assistance?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation