Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We are having an issue with our 2015 printer becoming unresponsive and requiring a reboot.  Even then it doesn't always work the first time.  The link for the firmware that fixes this issue doesn't seem to be working.  Can someone please provide the firmware?

Thanks

Link I was trying to use:

http://www.hp.com/pond/firmware/hidden/P2015FWUpg20080312.html

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello CCHelp. I understand you are looking for firmware for your Laserjet printer. In order to locate what is available for your printer, please reference this website: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?cc=us&cc=us&lang=en&lang=en&sp4ts.oid...

Just select your operating system, and then you will be able to identify what is available. Please respond if you have further questions or concerns.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

There does not appear to be any firmware files listed.  I know the firmware that I seek, does exist and I know that our printer has an outdated version currently installed.  The HP FTP site that normally houses this firmware is not working.

Thanks

HP Recommended

It is very possible that HP could've removed the firmware updated, and other related programs, from the website. The page you originally posted no longer exists with the content that existed, which entails the firmware, or whatever else was on that page, is no longer there.

I would keep checking our website for updates. In the meantime, since you are experiencing an issue where the printer becomes unresponsive, I would like you to perform a proper hard reset. Here are instructions on how to do that:

1. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer, and its current electrical outlet.

2. Hold down the power button on the printer for 30 seconds, while it is unplugged. This drains all the electricity out of the machine.

3. Connect the one end of the power cord into the back of the printer.

4. Connect the other end to a direct wall outlet (not a surge protector or power strip). This will ensure the machine can obtain more electricity, since lack of electricity can generate issues like this.

5. Now, try to utilize the printer, and see if the issue remains.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, I have provided a document on how to update the firmware on the printer. You may be able to update the firmware by following the suggestions on this page: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

Please let me know when you complete this troubleshooting. I will continue to look for a firmware update for this printer.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
I need upgrade firmware(20070221) my printer HP LJ p2015dn. Sometimes not waking up by lan... and not printing.
I Used link presented here, but not successfuly. Page not found...
Can u help me find firmware for my printer??? Can u give me working link or send mail?
I want to upgrade my printer...
HP Recommended

Hello All,

There are no firmware updates available for the HP Laserjet p2015 due to this printer not having flashable firmware.  Therefore this printer will not have firmware updates listed on the HP Laserjet p2015 product page.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

This solution is not suitable, the printer goes to sleep and not wake up.
We have a large number of organizations ekzemplarov this model.
Need latest firmware currently installed 20080312, for more than five years have passed!

HP Recommended

Greetings...we have had some issues with these model printers going offline/sleep and not coming back online.  You can reset the printer, and it will come back online for a second, then it will go offline again (from the print server).

We finally determined this was an issue with SNMP.  Go into the CONFIGURE PORT settings on the PORT tab on the PROPERTIES for the printer on the print server, and deselect the SNMP STATUS ENABLED option.  Restart the printer (required) and this should solve your issue.

If you use SNMP for monitoring supplies status, etc. then you'll need to find a newer printer.

HP Recommended

I was having the same problem with my P2015dn going offline and tried a lot of other suggestions before I saw this post.  Removing the checkmark from the SNMP enable did the trick.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Just for future reference HP, non-flashable firmware is absolutely ridiculous. Are we back in 1976? Since when has any modern product been shipped with a bug free firmware?

Some of these printers will still be kicking about. Thank goodness someone else on this thread figured out a workaround for you. Based on others feedback I am hopeful and I will test it out for myself. Kudos to them.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.