HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-18-2010 09:02 PM
Fixing HP Photosmart Essential 3.5
This worked for me:
- Uninstall HP Photosmart Essential Software
- Install the latest MSVC++ 2008 Redistribution Pack 64bit
- Download and install MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (Microsoft XMLCore Services)
- Download and install Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8
- Disable Internet updates and HP Participation
- Open HPSolution Center.
- Click “Settings”.
- Click “Other” and select “Update preferences”.
- Click the dropdown button and select “Never or None” from the list. Click “Close”.
- Close HP Solution Center.
- Install the latest from the downloaded HP Photosmart Essential software.
- Run HP update
- Click Windows icon on the Windows task bar.
- Click All Programs, HP, HP Update. This will open the HP Update window.
- In the Welcome to HP Update window, click Next.
- HP Update now checks for the latest updates from the Web.
- If new updates are available, make sure the check box next to each update is selected and click Next to begin downloading and installing the updates. If no updates are available, click Finish.
- Run Windows Update
- Remove all Pictures from the My Pictures folder and save them in another folder (some times too may photos in the My Picture folder may stop HP Photosmart Essential software, from opening the very first time.) May not need this step, I didn’t.
- Now, try to open HP Photosmart Essential software and check the functionality. Give it time to load.
01-09-2011 12:19 PM
Good day! It's sad to know that this software is already discontinued and no longer available...
For anyone who needs the software, the download links for the PHotosmart essentials are no longer availabe through HP website. However, a direct hp link is still availabe here : http://www.out-of-warranty.com/where-to-download-h
11-13-2012 04:54 PM
Awesome. I have no clue how you knew what to do, but I cannot thank you enough! I took a bit of juggling for my drive mappings, but once past that, I got all my albums back.
I am still hugely disappointed in HP for not having the foresight to provide a more compatible tool. I cannot stand Photo Creation. Perhaps if I was starting fresh, but coming from an existing product while getting a new pc, I did not want to stat over with over 4000 photos.
There needs to be a better way to import all photos in a folder versus having to open every folder and select all to get photos setup.
Not thrilled with HP, but much happier that I have not lost all.
10-15-2013 07:34 PM
I finally found a fix to clear your corrupt or incorrect Photosmart Essentials 3.5 Library!
Keep in mind the corrupt library still exists after you try to remove and re-install the program.
This is for Windows 7 64 bit users, may also work in Vista!
Make sure HP Digital Imaging Monitor is closed before deletion.
Delete all files in folder under C:Users\(your name here)\AppData\Local\HP\Digital Imaging
After a re-boot Photosmart Essentials will guide you to set up a new library location like you just installed the program from new!
10-26-2013 09:10 PM
How do I get my pictures out of HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 and into a folder on my computer so I can use them in the new program HP Photo Creations? I do not have the pictures any other place on my computer.
Tell me how I can get the photos into one of my picture folders.
10-29-2013 02:41 PM
For transferring your photos from the current folder to one on your computer, have you checked to make sure that they are not already in the My Pictures folder? If not you would just need to copy the photos over to the folder you want to place them in.
I have included the following thread from Microsoft http://goo.gl/IuzHqF.
Please let me know if this works, thank you.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!