07-28-2012 05:59 PM
I am looking for a generic driver for a DJ 1000 J110. We are setup to use RDP on a 2003 server. This Printer is not ported through because server 2003 does not know it. We have used generic printer drivers in the past with other HP printers with no problems. So i am looking to know what other driver I can use that is supported by Windows 2003?
07-30-2012 12:15 PM
As you know, the Deskjet 1000 series printer is not a supported with Windows 2003 Server.
Which version of Windows 2003 Server are you running e.g. SP1, R2, or SP2?
After searching, I was not able to find any specific generic drivers for your printer. A few third party sites say there suppose to be a built in driver (In-OS driver) for Windows XP 64 & Windows 2003 Server x64. I however was not able to confirm anything.
You could try manually installing the HP Deskjet 990c driver as it compatible with a number of printers.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"; therefore, it's easier for others to find.
I am an HP employee.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS