01-02-2014 02:19 PM
I have an 8500 all in one. I have recently set up a new router. I have connected the printer to the router. The printer shows up on the "device" tab when I log into the router. It is listed as "off line" , so it is "there", but not available. I have no idea how to turn it on line. (I never had to do this with old router) Of course, it does not show up as a useable device when I hit the print drop down.
What is up?
01-15-2014 01:00 PM
I understand the printer is showing offline through the router software.
I will be happy to assist you with this.
If you have Mac Filtering setup on the router you will have to add the printer.
Make sure you are using a Ethernet cable and not a USB connected from the printer to the router.
I would print a configuration page to see if the printer has a valid IP address.
If you have a valid IP address for the printer then try and access the embedded web server for the printer. Type the IP address into internet explorer address bar.
If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network.
I would recommend contacting the router company for help with the router settings.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS