Question

Honor Student
Dave-B
Message 1 of 2 (121 Views)

Getting a HP Printer "on line"

I have an 8500 all in one.  I have recently set up a new router.  I have connected the printer to the router.  The printer shows up on the "device" tab when I log into the router.  It is listed as "off line" , so it is "there", but not available. I have no idea how to turn it on line.  (I never had to do this with old router)  Of course, it does not show up as a useable device when I hit the print drop down.

Why is the printer connected, but off line?

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 2 (81 Views)

Re: Getting a HP Printer "on line"

Hello Dave-B.

Welcome to the HP forums! I understand your concerns with your Officejet 8500. Have you connected your "new router" information through the printers software?

Please verify your exact model number. Click here to find out.

Just so I understand you correctly, you are unable to select the print option, when clicking on the Officejet 8500?

What is your operating system? Windows or Mac?

Once I verify this information I will assist you further.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation