01-02-2014 02:27 PM
I have an 8500 all in one. I have recently set up a new router. I have connected the printer to the router. The printer shows up on the "device" tab when I log into the router. It is listed as "off line" , so it is "there", but not available. I have no idea how to turn it on line. (I never had to do this with old router) Of course, it does not show up as a useable device when I hit the print drop down.
Why is the printer connected, but off line?
01-15-2014 05:44 PM
Welcome to the HP forums! I understand your concerns with your Officejet 8500. Have you connected your "new router" information through the printers software?
Please verify your exact model number. Click here to find out.
Just so I understand you correctly, you are unable to select the print option, when clicking on the Officejet 8500?
Once I verify this information I will assist you further.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS