HP 1536dnf MFP - scanner won't work in Win 8.1 (1013 Views)
Honor Student
SteveAB
Message 1 of 6 (1,013 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 1536dnf MFP - scanner won't work in Win 8.1

I just bought a new Dell Desktop computer with Windows 8.1 and then discovered that there is no scanner driver or ful feature software for my HP 1536 dnf MFP.  That printer is less than 2 years old and I think it has only had a couple of toner cartridges in it.  Frankly I like the scanner function better than the print quality.  If there is no work around, I will need to take my new computer back to Sam's Club and get a refund.  I have always used HP printers and recommended them to others but I never thought that I would lose support for a product less than two years old.  Is there a work around that anyone knows about or do I take the computer back and get a Windows 7 model?  The money isn't the issue it is the hours I have put into setting the thing up before I ran into that issue.  I don't want to buy a scanner any more than another printer. 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 6 (990 Views)

Re: HP 1536dnf MFP - scanner won't work in Win 8.1

Hi SteveAB,

If you use the device with a USB cable be sure to go to Devices and Printers and remove any existing instance of the M1536 (may be listed as M1530 as well).

Unplug the USB prior running the installation.

Next download and install the Windows 8 drivers below, I believe it should fully work on Windows 8.1 as well, I personally been able to install it and use the device on a Windows 8.1 machine:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-86005-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
SteveAB
Message 3 of 6 (984 Views)

I never found that but I am using the 1536 on a network not a USB.  Is is possible to do both (network and USB) since my computer is the only one that we don't have the "full feature" software for?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 6 (976 Views)

Hi,

Sorry for not being more clear, it do applies for both USB and network connection..

Remove the existing device from Devices and Printers, reboot your Mac and install the software, exactly as listed in my previous post except of the need to unplug the cable :smileyhappy:

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
SteveAB
Message 5 of 6 (965 Views)

Thanks for your help!  I am a happy camper.  I am not sure why I couldn't find that software on the site but it was probably because I was searching with a specific model number instead of the less specific "family" label for that line of MFP products.

Honor Student
dmead83
Message 6 of 6 (464 Views)

I have the same problem (1536dnf printing .pdf's in negative).  I cannot try the proposed "fix" since I cannot open the properties button.  When I click on it, a window flashes open, then immediately closes.  Same result when right clicking in the printer in my "devices" menu from the control panel.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled software and drivers, multiple times, from the website and fom the CD with the same result. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation