Question
HP 5520 Firmware Update
Replies (18)

Top Student
Keando
Message 11 of 19 (1,411 Views)

Re: HP 5520 Firmware Update

Hi Rich,

Looked at both the options you suggested but both the Cd option and the download option fail at point 4 & 5 as there is no such folder nor a bat file. 

There is a X86 or X64 folder with two files present one called "RemovePreinstalledDrivers.exe" which I ran but the printer was still installed when it had finished....

Best regards

Ken

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 12 of 19 (1,402 Views)

This will work on older printers.  We will need to take a different approach.  I'm going to do more research and I'll get back to you soon. 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 13 of 19 (1,388 Views)

Are you using a hub for your usb connection?  If so, have you tried with a direct connection?

Have you tried different usb ports on your computer?  Have you tried a different usb cable?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
Keando
Message 14 of 19 (1,353 Views)

Hi

Its a direct connection not through a hub.

I have tried different USB ports and Cables but does not make any difference.

Many thanks

Ken

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 15 of 19 (1,322 Views)

I'm still doing research.  I hope to get back with you by the end of the week.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 16 of 19 (1,292 Views)

I still don't have an answer.  I will post next week.  Thank you for your patience.  :smileyhappy:

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Student
Jan-Jansen
Message 17 of 19 (1,266 Views)

Hi,

I had the same problem. I found out that the firmware you are using (MGP1CN1242BR), is the most recent one. The firmware update contains the same version.

Here is some text from the DeviceUpdate.ini file:

;firmware version: discovers Morgan with MGP1CN1212CR,MGP1CN1224AR and flashes to MGP1CN1242BR

;Model Name, must be specified!
ModelName=HP Photosmart 5520 series

;Firmware file
UpdateFile=morgan_pp_MGP1CN1242BR_nbx_signed.ful

So it is not possible to update the printer, but the error message is wrong. It was better to show: Printer is already up to date.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 18 of 19 (1,214 Views)

Hi Ken,

I haven't forgotten about you.  I hope to be able to post on this topic soon.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 19 of 19 (1,196 Views)

On the status report that you printed to get the firmware version, you will also find the Product # and / or Model #.  Can you give me one or both (if available) of those numbers?

What country are you in?

Are the printer and router in the same room?  How far apart are they?  If not in the same room, how many walls or floors separate them?

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation