01-26-2014 08:27 PM
I have a good working HP 6110 printer which I have had for 6-7 years. It worked well with XP then I bought a new laptop with WIN7. HP support says the OS driver from MS is all there is and will do everything except ADVANCED features. One of the basic things I want to do is change the printer property from black printing to color printing. It won't do it. Does HP now consider changes from color printing to black printing an advanced feature? It might have been 20 years ago, not sure if even then. Microsoft update trys once a month to install an HP 6110 printer software update but it trys and then comes back with a failed installation message.
Any way to make an HP printer and HP laptop running WIN7 print in grayscale when asked?
01-30-2014 02:08 PM - edited 01-30-2014 02:09 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand your concerns with your Officejet 6110. Please follow this HP document on Changing Print Settings in Windows 7.
In this document, click on "Change the Default Print Settings for all Print Jobs". If you are unable to uncheck "Print in Grayscale" option from the printing preferences on your computer, then please let me know. You will most likely have to uninstall/reinstall the printer's software.
How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?
When you try to perform a software update, could you verify the error message on why it's failing to install?
Once I verify this information I will assist you further.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS