Re: HP 6110xi (281 Views)
Honor Student
terrythrelkeld
Message 1 of 5 (289 Views)

HP 6110xi

Have upgraded to Windows 7 and the scanner portion of the HP 6110xi no longer works - will print and copy just fine. HP says the HP Director Software has been replaced by HP Photo Creations - which does not seem to be oriented towards scanning - at all. Would like to continue to use the product - mainly as a scanner. Error message on the printer scanner says "Scanning Error - cannot connect to PC". I know its trying to connect to the HP Image Zone software.  What should I do ?

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 2 of 5 (281 Views)

Re: HP 6110xi

Hi Terry.

HP Photo Creations is not a direct replacement for the older software; it's designed to help you make creative prints and projects with your photos. You should be able to scan using the built-in Windows scanning utility.

Try this: Click the Windows button and then search for "scanner."

If your scanner is already installed, you can use the Windows Picture Acquisition Wizard to launch it (type wiaacmgr.exe in the search box). If not, try adding the scanner with the Scanners and Cameras wizard.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Honor Student
terrythrelkeld
Message 3 of 5 (279 Views)

I can see the 6110xi as a scanner, but it still won't scan. Thanks for the input

Student
dancinghorses
Message 4 of 5 (261 Views)

I can't get my HP6110xi printer to scan on my Windows 7 laptop.  Does anybody have a solution?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 5 of 5 (250 Views)

dancinghorses wrote:

I can't get my HP6110xi printer to scan on my Windows 7 laptop.  Does anybody have a solution?

I recommend using the HP Print & Scan Doctor to see if it is able to find a resolution. If this does not resolve the issue post back with any new details or error messages and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation