Re: HP 8500 910a Wild Printing (395 Views)
Top Student
e6sthomas
Message 1 of 9 (603 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 8500 910a

I just purchased two of these machines (HP 8500 910a) printers for a business that I am the I.T. personal at.  I setup these printers to print invoices from QuickBooks POS from.  They are complaining that they are slow to print, which I do see that they are sometimes (but it is QuickBooks issue, not HP...).  They require TWO copies of each page to print (TWO invoices), however the HP driver does not offer that option within the driver settings (copy amount), so it would print two copies via one job (QuickBooks separates it via two jobs for two copies and delays in-between, which I cannot tweak...).

So, I need a driver that will work with the 8500 910a that will offer a copy count on a Windows 7 64x environment.  I looked at Windows 8 and the pre-loaded drivers that come with Windows 8 have a copy amount for the 8500 series :/, but not Windows 7...

Any help with this issue, would be great!!!  THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 9 (584 Views)

Re: HP 8500 910a

Donwload the Deskjet 990c driver. This usually works great with Quickbooks.

Let me know what happens.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Top Student
e6sthomas
Message 3 of 9 (566 Views)

ry, Re: HP 8500 910a

Sorry, I can not find that driver.  It is not a preinstalled driver, nor is it on the HP website (just says connect the printer to a USB port and Windows Update will find it :/).  The driver preinstalled in Windows 8 offers the copy count that I need for 911a, 910a, and the 909a series, but Windows 7 does not...  Also, HP's drivers for 909a and 910a do not offer copy count settings...  This is very important and is requried to get these printers working 100% with quickbooks.  I would also like to turn on printer pooling, which would send a job to another printer if it is busy or in error state (ink out, jam, ...), but QuickBooks is a pain in the rear end, because it sends it as two jobs, so it sends one to one printer and the other to printer two :/...

Anyone that comes up with a solution will be a god sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again in advance!

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 9 (562 Views)

Click START MENU

1. Click on Devices and Printers

2. Click ADD PRINTER (local printer)

3. Choose USE EXISTING PORTS (select the port the printer is on now)

4. Another window will pop up. Left side, choose HP. Right hand side, choose DESKJET 990c. If you do not see the deskjet 990 in the list, choose the windows update. After update, it should appear. 

Here is a link (Shane_R) provided for alternate drivers that may help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers-e-g-Windows-8/How-to-Assign-Alterna...

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Top Student
e6sthomas
Message 5 of 9 (552 Views)

sRe: HP 8500 910a

Thanks, forgot the basics about the windows update driver feature :/!

I will try this in the morning when I'm there and let you know!

Thank you again & hope it works!

Top Student
e6sthomas
Message 6 of 9 (540 Views)

THANK YOU SO MUCH RUDY1906!!!  I truly appreciate you taking the time with me to fix the issue!  I really do not care what other's think, but I personally LOVE HP products.  Sure, every now and then their is a problem, but when you think about it, who doesn't?!

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 7 of 9 (525 Views)

No problem at all. I'm glad that everything is ok and working. If you run into anymore problems feel free to ask question, thanks.

Top Student
e6sthomas
Message 8 of 9 (517 Views)

Will do :smileyhappy:.
Student
cameroncom
Message 9 of 9 (395 Views)

Re: HP 8500 910a Wild Printing

I have a HP 8500 A910 purchased December 29, 2011.  Accumulated ink usage on Diagnostic Page is 365 ml Black, 114 yellow, 89 magenta and 120 cyan. Total pages printed is 13,211.

This week I suddenly started getting wild variation from page to page in printing. Best example was a 2-sided 6 page color PDF document. Page 1 and 2 were fine. Page 3 the black text faded badly near the bottom of the page. Page 4 and 5 were unreadable with badly blurred color images and almost no black ink text. Page 6 was fine! Using fresh HP ink and this is AFTER I cleaned and realigned printheads after the problems first emerged. Also using same good quality paper I've used for many years. Last night I printed a 19 page, single sided mostly black text PDF document and had to throw away about 5 pages due to badly faded sections of text. The bad pages all printed fine when I reprinted them individually.

Anybody have any similar experiences?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation